Friday, April 17, 2009

Newfound obsession: VELOCIRAPTORS.




I mean, it just makes sense, right? That I would suddenly fall head-over-heels in love with a V. mongoliensis. But it's true. I've been looking for something to collect for a while now, and I think I finally found it: I'd like to collect velociraptors.
Before I launch into a complicated discussion of how there seriously are velociraptors at our school, here are some fascinating resources for everyone to check out:

1. VELOCIRAPTOR LOVE TSHIRT
2. XKCD TSHIRT (xkcd actually started the whole velociraptor thing (they're so random, I love it) but I'll mention that a bit later again)
3. VELOCIRAPTOR FINGER PUPPET (now everyone's gotta have this!
4. VELOCIRAPTOR MUSIC <---you guys this is just weird. Apparently this guy named "DJ Purple Rabbit" has a CD out with a song on it called "Velociraptor", and the creepy part is that it was released on my 18th birthday!!! Freaky!!!!!!! That's a sign, it's official.
5. "Dinosaur Face-Off: Velociraptor vs. Ankylosaur" The title of this just absolutely fascinated me. As did the price, ahem ($90! WHA?!!)
6. VELOCIRAPTOR EARRINGS! Somebody should totally get me that for graduation.


So now I'm just really looking forward to ordering some plastic dinosaurs off the internet. Seriously, who does that though? Well...me, apparently.



HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM A VELOCIRAPTOR ATTACK:
1) Windows are possible entry points. Avoid standing too close to windows.
2) Playhouses are NOT safe from Velociraptors. Do not try to hide from them here!
3) Install round doorknobs. Velociraptors do not have thumbs, therefore making it harder for them to operate said doorknobs.
4) Doors in your house should be either oak or steel.
5) Keep a loaded rifle in your bedroom and have a tire iron handy in every room. You never know when you might need it!


And this is how this all got started (Thanks XKCD): The picture is small, just click on it GOSH.



--E.A.

TOMORROW IS VELOCIRAPTOR AWARENESS DAY! SERIOUSLY! SPREAD THE WORD!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have no words for the velociraptor obsession ;)...but I really loved your anthem over at Stuff Christians Like. I work with students at our church and I'd love to pass that along! Is there someone I should credit with it?
    Have a fantastic, uh, velociraptor awareness day!

    ReplyDelete