Sunday, April 5, 2009

My car almost caught on fire today.

(chill, it's just an illustration I found on google, not what it actually looked like)


Okay, so here's what happened to me today:
I was in a store with my cousin and we were getting ready to leave. It was pouring down rain and we were standing by the exit trying to figure out how we were going to make a run to the car without getting absolutely soaked.
Then we saw all the employees gather around us, and some of the customers. They were all looking out into the parking lot, and I wondered if they've never seen the rain before or something.
NO.
There was a car. In the parking lot of this store. And it was ON FIRE. (No, it's not the car in the picture. Are you kidding? I'm not evil enough to run around town taking pictures of burning cars! "Oh look a burning car, *click* hmm so picturesque...")
But the most important part was that it was standing next to my car!
Instinct kicked in.
Defending my property.
I was NOT about to let my car get damaged (the other people probably didn't even have good enough insurance--you should've seen that junker they were driving! No wonder it caught on fire!)
It wasn't a very big fire on the other car--just a little bit under the hood, but I totally wanted to get out of that parking lot, pronto. So I ran to my car, in the pouring rain, to the thunder and lightning (and we had a tornado warning). It seriously felt like World War III.
I could hear the fire engine sirens in the distance and I had to be somewhere in ten minutes, so I really didn't want my way to be blocked by firetrucks (and I didn't want anything to happen to my car). So I got out of there.

Now that I think about it I should've stayed for the whole show. Well, it was either my entertainment or my car. I took my pick. We'll probably read about it in the newspaper tomorrow anyways.

--E.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment